Diarise Thursday 23 June 2016 to hear DEBORAH EVANS speak at 18h00 at our next meeting which is a joint meeting with APIL (Association of Personal Injury Lawyers). This will be at Foot Anstey, Southernhay Gardens, Exeter.
Deborah Evans will be covering various topics regarding the legal reform.
- Small claims reforms
- Removal of the right to claim compensation for whiplash claims
- Accreditation of medico legal experts
- The future for Medco and portal co
- Fixed costs in clinical negligence claims and capping of expert costs
- Noise induced hearing loss claims – the proposals for the future
- Fixed costs in PI claims up to £250k
Deborah is the chief executive of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL). She is not a lawyer, but has more than 20 years’ experience working in the legal sector in management roles. Deborah has an MBA from Nottingham Trent University. Deborah is an alternate director for Portal Co, the organisation responsible for the running of the RTA portal, and sits on the editorial board of the Journal of Personal Injury Law (JPIL).
Deborah is actively involved in campaigning on legal reform, with a strong grasp of the impact of policy changes on both injured people and firms. She is keen to drive innovation in the delivery of legal services, and maintain the quality of advice given by APIL members at the highest levels.
The event is kindly being hosted at Foot Anstey, Southernhay Gardens, Exeter with buffet from 5.30pm. £30 for non-members, free for members. Full membership subscription £40.